Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mumbling to myself

I'm sitting here, musing over this impatience theme again.  Ironically enough, I am sitting here, thoughtfully writing about impatience.  There is some acceptance of present moment steeped in that.

I caught myself thinking about a habit I've had, in the past, to push things off until...?  Until when?  Until I am ready?  Will I ever be any more ready than now?  I think yes.  Perhaps if I prepared, there is a chance I would be more ready in the future.  However, am I certain that the future will ever come?

Along with that however is the simple fact that I cannot possibly do everything at once.  Picking and choosing come into place, as does what opportunity presents itself.  What is the percentage here...10% me, 90% life.  That is all I get, 10% to fall all over, the other 90% is left up to that big tumbling lottery wheel in the sky doling out scenarios.  Putting it that way really brings things into perspective; that I am a small part of a much bigger laugh in.  Does this mean that I should just eat that damn cookie?  Or does it mean that I should just wear the damn dress, screw loosing the 5 pounds first?  Does it mean I should eat the cookie while wearing the dress?  Does it mean I should not eat the cookie and loose 5 pounds?



      

No comments:

Post a Comment